Healthy Dinner & Desert - Collaboration with Two Wild Tides
I've teamed up with the gals from Two Wild Tides to bring you two healthy recipes. The lovely Charlotte and Lindsey created the meal and the desert was by me. I am so delighted to share with you our creations, and I hope you try to create them in your kitchen.
First up is the meal:
"We are so excited to team up with Naturally Hayleigh to bring you a delicious, healthy, organic meal that you can prepare at home for you and your friends and family. We came up with this recipe by accident one day when we basically had veggies going bad in the fridge that needed to be used up. We started throwing spices together, unsure of what the end product would be like, and it turned out to be so tasty! This recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free, and refined sugar-free. You could easily prepare it as a vegetarian dish by replacing the chicken with tofu." - Two Wild Tides
Maple Balsamic Chicken and Veggies
• 4 free-range chicken breasts
• 2 heads of broccoli
• 1 head of cauliflower
• 1/2 a head of cabbage
• 4 carrots
• 2 bell peppers
• 1/2 of a jicama (or a turnip)
• 1 tomato
• 10-12 brussels sprouts
• 1/2 tbsp thyme
• 1 clove garlic (or 1/2 tbsp garlic powder)
• 3/4 cup pure maple syrup
• 1/4 cup pure balsamic vinegar
• 1/2 tbsp black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Wash, peel, and chop all of the veggies and place to one side.
3. Place chicken breasts in a glass baking dish and layer the veggies evenly over the top.
4. Sprinkle the spices and pour the maple syrup and balsamic vinegar over the whole dish.
5. Stir around the veggies, making sure everything is equally coated.
6. Place in oven for approximately 45 minutes, or until chicken is fully cooked. About halfway through, remove the dish and stir around the vegetables and flip the chicken breasts.
7. Cook some quinoa or rice and top with the chicken and veggies.
Cocoa Whey Brownies
Yields ~12 brownies
- 4 eggs
- 1 c. coconut palm sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 c. coconut oil
- sprinkle of cacao chips
- 3 tbsp. cacao powder
- 2 scoops
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Cocoa Coconut Collagen Whey (You could also use your favorite protein powder)
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Coat an 8×8 baking pan with coconut oil
- Add the eggs, coconut palm sugar, vanilla extract, and sea salt to the bowl & mix on medium-high until the eggs turn light and fluffy and a majority of the coconut palm sugar is dissolved, about 2-3 minutes.
- Melt coconut oil in a separate bowl.
- While the mixer is on low, pour the melted oil and cacao chips in slowly. Once poured in, increase the speed to high to whip the batter about 15 seconds. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add in the cacao powder and Cocoa Coconut Collagen Whey powder. Mix on medium speed until combined.
- Pour the batter out into the baking pan and spread it out evenly. Bake for 18-22 minutes or until the top has fully set. The brownies turn out best if the center is still slightly doughy. It will set up fully while it cools. Cool for a minimum 20 minutes in the pan before serving.
Let me know if you decide to try our recipes & make sure to visit Two Wild Tides & give them a follow!
Thank you so much to Char & Linds for collaborating with me, Stay tuned for future collabs :)
Tag us (@twowildtides and @naturallyhayleigh) in your Instagram pictures if you try out these dishes! We love to hear from our readers
Hayleigh, Char, & Linds
*While I did receive the Vital Protein products for free, this post was not sponsored.*